Monday, February 24, 2014

Letting Go of Perfect

Last week, I gave myself a beautiful gift: I let go of the idea of perfection.

I always feel as though I need to be perfect for those around me, perfect in my school work, perfect in my house work. It becomes exhausting, as many of you may already know!

I let go of that idea. I threw it out the window and just said that I will try and do well at everything. No need to be perfect because that's just a crazy ideal.

It has been freeing to let go of that. If you're like me and hold yourself to a certain standard, you may be making yourself sick or stressed or worried over things that you don't need to stress over.

Let 'perfect' go. And know that whatever takes its place will end up being good enough and possibly even great.

No comments:

Post a Comment